Kegerator – Keg Cooler
Beer Keg Refrigerator
If you prefer drought beer, a keg cooler or kegerator is the perfect device for you.
This special refrigerator can keep a keg of your favorite beer cooled down to the perfect temperature. It can maintain an opened keg for months, without loosing any quality or taste of tapped beer. The beer keg refrigerator is always ready for you to pull a glass of that special drought…
A kegerator consists of following parts:
- refrigerated cabinet and cooling equipment (compressor, etc.)
- CO2 tank for beer pressurization
- CO2 and beer line
- Coupler and pressure regulator
- tap and tower
- faucet and faucet handle
- drip tray
- last but not least: the beer keg
There are several different kegerators available and we will give you some guidelines and help you choose the right one for you.
Factors to determine the right kegerator:
Type: under counter, counter top or free standing units are available. Choose one depending on your designated space and intended use – the counter top units are generally smaller than under counter or freestanding units. The under counter kegerators can be built into your cabinetry. They can be seamlessly integrated into your decor, so the only visible parts are the tap and drip tray.
Size of the keg: kegs come in several different sizes 1/2 keg, 1/4 keg, etc.. You need to choose your kegerator depending on your favorite beer’s keg size or the largest keg you intend to use. A large kegerator can be used for smaller kegs without problems, but a small keg cooler of course can not be used for large kegs.
Cooling apparatus type: most keg refrigerators are of the compressor type. Some however use the thermoelectric principle – they are cheaper and some are portable, but use more electricity. The thermoelectric type is suitable for occasional use, but for permanent use we recommend the compressor type.
Coupler type: the beer keg is connected to the kegerator via coupler. There are several couplers and coupler conversions available to fit all keg types available worldwide, but most American beers use the so called System D – US Sankey.
The Nostalgia KRS2100 5.1 Cubic-Foot Full Size Kegorator Draft Beer Dispenser is one of the most popular kegorators. With following features, it will not dissapoint:
- 5.1 cubic foot capacity
- Spring-loaded tap for easy pull and release dispensing
- Includes one American Sankey "D" Double Tap System
- Double meter regulator
- 2.5 lb. CO2 tank (unfilled)
- 13-inch chrome beer tap tower ad guardrail
- Stainless steel removable drip tray
The Danby DKC5811BSL
has a Stainless Look and is a best seller among kegerators. Reviewers say following about this keg cooler:
- Great buy!
- it is American made!
- a very good unit for the price
- looks great and very professional and works even better
- is easy to get started with great directions
- the beer cold it almost frozen
- even the wife loves the taste of draft
- holds full size kegs
- converts to a 5.8 cu.ft. capacity all refrigerator